Web Archiving at UTL
This workshop will look at web archiving as tool for collection building and preservation. UTL Archive-It collections will be showcased. We will present:
- Different components of web archiving activities including selection, scoping, metadata and quality assurance
- New developments and challenges of the activities.
- Students will have a chance to web archive websites through a Heritrix-based crawler and gain a basic understanding of the goal, workflow and limitations of web archiving.
Bring a laptop with WAIL downloaded on it, https://github.com/N0taN3rd/wail/releases/tag/1.1.0 , before the workshop.
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Please make sure that you register with a correct email address, as the confirmation email includes the link to withdraw.
Instructors: Nich Worby, Government Information and Statistics Librarian & Sam-chin Li, Reference and Government Information Librarian
Location: Room 116, basement floor, Claude T. Bissell Building, 140 St George Street
- Thursday, February 8, 2018
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Inforum Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus