"Money, Please!": Applying for Research Funding
In this session you will learn strategies to successfully identify, evaluate, and apply for research funding opportunities.
You will learn:
- The differences between research scholarships, fellowships, and grants
- How to determine your eligibility to apply for these different funding opportunities
- The most common sections/components of an application and what information to include
- How to develop a reasonable timeline for proposal development
Additionally, the session will cover best practices for co-writing proposals with professors and/or community members/organizations.
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Please make sure that you register with a correct email address, as the confirmation email includes the link to withdraw.
Instructor: Stephanie Fisher, Research Funding Coordinator, Faculty of Information
Location: Room 507, fifth floor, Claude T. Bissell Building, 140 St George Street
- Friday, February 9, 2018
- 12:30pm - 2:30pm
- Inforum Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus