Finding Articles for your LIS and Archives Coursework
“How do I find articles for my assignment/paper on topic X?”
The workshop will help students to answer this common research question. The hands-on session will familiarize people with article databases relevant to the LIS & ARM fields, and offer tips for efficient and effective search strategies.
Topics covered will include:
- Choosing the right database(s) for your topic – U of T Libraries subscribes to hundreds of different databases in all areas of study.
- Using limits and other tools for refining searches
- Searching effectively for articles by authors
- Using subject search strategies that will increase your chances of finding articles
- Finding scholarly / peer-reviewed articles
- Getting to the articles in online or paper formats
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Instructor: Nalini K. Singh, Academic Librarian, Reference Services Coordinator
Location: Bissell Building, 140 St. George Street, Second Floor, 224/225.
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Inforum Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus