Poster Creation and Presentation
In this workshop participants will learn how to create effective conference, research, and assignment posters, as well as learn how to effectively present the information on the poster.
- Brief overview of presentation skills
- Posters' sources of inspiration and sample conference posters
- Exercise (Think-Pair-Share) poster critique
- Design dos and dont's (fonts, colour, image use, layout, etc)
- Comparison of basic design programs and tools (PowerPoint, Canva, PikoChart)
- Brief demo: Powerpoint poster setup
- Practice Time: PowerPoint
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Instructor: Vincci Lui, Gerstein Librarian
Location: Bissell Building, 140 St. George Street, Second Floor, 224/225.
- Thursday, October 11, 2018
- 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Inforum Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus