Introduction to Google Analytics
This workshop will introduce you to Google Analytics, the popular web traffic tracking and analysis tool. Learn why so many companies and organizations use Google Analytics to track and analyze web traffic and how you can be prepared with these skills. Using a demo account, you will interact with Google Analytics, learning how to understand and analyze the data presented and how to create basic reports.
Learning outcomes from this workshop:
- Understand the Google Analytics account set up and structure, collection methods, and administration dashboards
- How to collect and analyze basic website traffic to better understand usage patterns, including user information, homepage interaction, and popular content
- Gather data to help make evidence-based design and content management decisions for your website
- How to use Google Analytics to build basic report
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign next to your name on the attendance sheet for each workshop session. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Instructor: Lisa Gayhart, User Experience Librarian
Location: Bissell Building, 140 St. George Street, Seventh Floor, 728.
- Friday, November 2, 2018
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Inforum Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus