Startup Job Search
Overview of information to aid students in finding and preparing for jobs in start-ups, as well as developing strategies to research start-ups using online and subscription resources.
- Identify jobs and types of work available in start-ups through research in traditional and non-traditional resources;
- Search for and evaluate company information using websites, social media, subscription resources and other resources;
- Build connections with people working start-ups based on the outcomes of their research.
Next session: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, from 11 am to 12 pm
Location: ONRamp, RBC Innovation Hub, 100 College St.
Instructors: Theresa Owusu, Coordinator, Student Success Resources, U of T Career Centre; Mai Tran (Hon. BA Urban Studies & Political Science, 2013), Market Development Representative, Ritual (guest speaker)
This session is part of the Entrepreneurship Research Skills co-curricular record. To participate, bring your T-Card and register at the beginning of the session.
Note: This workshop is free and registration is required. However, we have a minimum attendance threshold for this workshop to run. If you cannot attend this workshop, and fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing others on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10. Please note, it is your responsibility to sign-in next to your name on the attendance sheet for this workshop. A blank signature spot will result in a penalty charge.
Related LibGuide: Entrepreneurship by Carey Toane
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- St. George (Downtown) Campus