Researching your Business Model Canvas
When: Wednesday October 16, 2019, 12-2pm
Location: AC286A, UTSC Library, 1265 Military Trail, Scarborough, ON M1C 1A4
Instructor: Carey Toane, Entrepreneurship Librarian, Gerstein Science Information Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Working on a business idea? The Business Model Canvas is an alternative to a long, wordy business plan used by startups around the world. It's a great way to summarize all the key elements of your product or service in a single page. It’s also a great tool to make sense of exactly what information you will need for your business planning – and how to find it at the library.
This workshop is for startups who have started a canvas and are looking to test assumptions against market research and other resources. Participants will be expected to have a canvas prepared before attending the session. Those who do not will not receive CCR credit.
In this session, you will:
- Understand which free and proprietary library databases are the best fit for your canvas
- Develop search strategies that will save you time and eliminate frustration, and
- Get market, industry, or competitor information you can use for your startup or small business venture
Related LibGuide: Entrepreneurship Research Workshops by Carey Toane
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- UTSC Library