Resources for Patents Research
Find out what makes your technology unique and who else holds patents in your space. This basic DIY patent searching workshop includes an introduction to open web databases for patent searching, an overview of classification systems, and examples of prior art searches.
You will learn:
- How to read a patent document quickly and efficiently
- The advantages and limitations of various online patent resources
- Strategies to build effective searches using keywords and classifications
When: November 12, 2019, 12-2 p.m.
Location: Instruction Lab, 2nd floor, Gerstein Science Information Centre, 9 King's College Circle
Instructor: Michelle Spence, Engineering and Computer Science Librarian, Engineering and Computer Science Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
Related LibGuide: Introduction to Patents and Patent Searching by Mindy Thuna
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Gerstein Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus