Introduction to LaTeX
LaTeX is a free document creation alternative to MS Word which specializes in the creation of professional documents such as journal articles, theses, books, and scientific or technical reports. LaTeX is the standard for writing in many STEM fields and offers advantages for managing references, typesetting maths, inserting graphics and figures, and much more. In this workshop, you will create a simple LaTeX document using Overleaf, and practice using some core LaTeX features.
By the end of the session, participants should be able to accomplish tasks such as:
- Access LaTeX on their computer via Overleaf
- Create a simple LaTeX document
- Insert equations, figures, and tables
- Insert references and create a bibliography
No previous knowledge of LaTeX is required.
This workshop will take place in the Gerstein Science Information Centre, Instruction Lab and will be taught by PhD student, Jesse Knight.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Gerstein Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus