Resources for Patent Research
Resources for Patents Research
Find out what makes your technology unique and who else holds patents in your space. This basic DIY patent searching workshop includes an introduction to open web databases for patent searching, an overview of classification systems, and examples of prior art searches.
You will learn:
- How to read a patent document quickly and efficiently
- Advantages and limitations of various online patent resources
- Strategies to build effective searches using keywords and classifications
When: Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 12-1 p.m.
Where: Online via Zoom - registrants will receive a link prior to workshop start
Instructor: Michelle Spence, Engineering and Computer Science Librarian, Engineering and Computer Science Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is part of the Entrepreneurship Research Skills co-curricular record. To receive credit, students will be asked to meet certain attendance requirements outlined during the session.
Related LibGuide: Introduction to Patents and Patent Searching by Engineering Library
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)