Open Access Repositories 101: Principles and technologies supporting open access and academic research In-Person
We all know Open Access is a public good, but how do the mechanisms of open access play out in the field? Join us as we navigate copyright, Canadian funding agency policies, preservation formats and permissions checking, and take a deep dive into the administrative back end of Tspace (UofT's open access repository, built on Dspace).
In this workshop, you will:
- Check journal permissions to understand what publication versions are available for open access, and how repositories support embargo
- Assess Canadian agency policies and help researchers understand licensing, and their obligations when receiving funding.
- Use the deposit functions of TSpace, and understand the concepts and workflows of an open access repository.
Should you fail to withdraw 48+ hours in advance, thereby preventing your colleagues on the waitlist from filling in your spot, your library account will be charged $10 per missed workshop.
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020
- 4:15pm - 6:15pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Inforum Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus