Interested in Arts Entrepreneurship? Don’t know where to begin?
Join artist, creative facilitator, and community organizer, Sylvie Stojanovski in learning the basics of arts-entrepreneurship—what it is, why it matters, and how YOU can take your creative business ideas to the next level. In this workshop, you’ll discover resources to support your evolving career identities, learn how to use visual metaphors to gain a deeper understanding of your artistic journey (thus far), and explore how free-writing can be used as a goal-setting tool to co-create a collective manifesto.
In this workshop, students will learn how to situate yourselves within the field of arts entrepreneurship. Through a reflexive writing and self-cartography exercises, you will cultivate a deeper sense of self-awareness and gain insight into the intrinsic and extrinsic factors that motivate your journeys as emerging arts professionals.
By the end of this workshop, students will:
- Be able to orient themselves within the context of the emerging field of arts entrepreneurship;
- Understand how to perform academic research at the undergraduate level;
- Devise their own arts journeys map, and a deepened understanding of their own intrinsic and extrinsic motivations that inform their creative practice;
- Co-create a community agreement and manifesto that responds to their own personal needs, current aspirations and future goals
Related LibGuide: Entrepreneurship Research Workshops by Carey Toane
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)