Data Resources for Entrepreneurs Online
Preparing a business pitch and developing a business idea requires you to have data on your target market. You need data to inform decisions on your business plan, data on your competitors, and if you want to be innovative in your industry you need data to tell you a story on performance and opportunity. Data literacy for entrepreneurs is essential. This session will help you identify your data needs, find relevant data using specialized library resources, and evaluate and synthesize data using critical thinking.
- You will describe types of data in order to understand why you need data to inform your business idea.
- You will identify your information need and find the data that best addresses your startup research question.
- You will use logical judgment and critical thinking to synthesize and analyze data from multiple sources.
When: December 3, 2020, 2:30pm - 4:30pm EST
Location: Online via Zoom (participants will receive a link prior to session start)
Instructors: Sarah Shujah, Liaison & Entrepreneurship Librarian, UTSC & Mariana Jardim, Management Liaison Librarian, UTSC
This workshop is hosted by The BRIDGE and the Digital Scholarship Unit at UTSC.
Related LibGuide: Entrepreneurship Research Workshops by Carey Toane
- Thursday, December 3, 2020
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Data & Statistics