From Idea to Action: Market Research in the Arts + YOU Online
This event is part of the UTSC Entrepreneurship Research Workshops.
Whether you’re just thinking of starting your own arts business for the first time, are planning to freelance, or looking to brush up on your market research skills, this 2 hour session is for you. Led by professional artist, creative facilitator and community organizer, Sylvie Stojanovski, this session will cover a variety of topics:
- How to engage in primary market research in the arts; the importance of asking yourself, your stakeholders, and funding bodies the right questions;
- The difference between the traditional business marketing model and the arts marketing model to better strategize what is at the heart of your business;
- How to build an ideal customer/client avatar you can refer to when prototyping and testing your creative business/project ideas
When: June 2, 2021, 1-3 p.m. EST
Location: Online via Zoom (participants will receive a link prior to session start)
Instructor: Sylvie Stojanovski, Artist, Facilitator & Community Organizer
This workshop is hosted by UTSC Library and The Responsibility in Social Innovation Research Group (RiSI) in the Department of Arts, Culture, and Media (ACM).
Related LibGuide: Entrepreneurship by Carey Toane
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.