Mindful Reading: Strategic Skimming and Skipping
In partnership with Academic Success, Office of Student Life
This is part 2 of a 2 part workshop series where we will use evidence-based learning strategies and mindfulness practices to help you settle and focus your mind for university-level reading.
During this workshop, you will continue the conversation with a learning strategist from Academic Success and Dan D'Agostino, a librarian at Robarts and a certified teacher of Compassion Cultivation Training, to discuss how to utilize skimming and skipping strategically and mindfully in your reading practice. Topics covered during this session will include:
- Recognizing and gaining awareness of different reasons for skipping and skimming
- Identifying what to strategically skip and skim, while maintaining your learning
- Variants to common reading strategies and when to use these well
This session will include meditative practices, sharing of learning strategies, open discussion, and opportunities to apply and practice mindful reading skills.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)