Working with Messy Data in OpenRefine Online
In an ideal world, any data you collect or obtain would be clean and formatted perfectly for analysis and visualization. But the reality is that data can be really messy! Cleaning and reformatting your data can be a time-consuming and tedious task, but there are ways to speed things up and automate repetitive tasks. OpenRefine can help!
This 1-hour online workshop will provide an introduction to OpenRefine, a powerful open source tool for exploring, cleaning and manipulating “messy” data. Through a combination of lecture and demonstrations, participants will learn how to:
- Explore and identify patterns in data
- Manipulate and generate new textual and numeric data
- Transform and reshape datasets
This is a short, introductory workshop. If you would like to learn more on these topics, you are encouraged to self-enroll in our longer, online, self-paced workshop (but note there is some overlap between these workshops):
A link to join the event online will be sent to registrants.
- Thursday, October 28, 2021
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- St. George (Downtown) Campus
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Data & Statistics Digital Tools Programming & Software