LaTeX for your thesis Online
LaTeX is a free document creation alternative to MS Word which specializes in the creation of professional documents such as journal articles, theses, books, and scientific or technical reports. LaTeX is the standard for writing in many STEM fields and offers advantages for managing references, typesetting maths, inserting graphics and figures, and much more. In this workshop, we will set up a thesis document using the U of T thesis class.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to actions such as:
- install / use the ut-thesis class
- set up a large thesis document
- manage references using biblatex*
- create complex tables and figures*
- typeset more advanced math*
- add chemical equations and diagrams*
- draw a simple diagram using tikz*
- import & highlight code*
* select topics will be decided depending on interest.
Previous knowledge of LaTeX is highly recommended.
This workshop will take place via Zoom and will be taught by PhD student, Jesse Knight.
- Thursday, November 25, 2021
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- St. George (Downtown) Campus
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.