Project Managing OER Sprint for UTL Online
Interested in learning how to organize an OER sprint and want to show others how?
In the spirit of Open Education & Pedagogy, the Learning Objects Committee at UTSC is inviting UTL librarians or staff to join our planning committee for “Project Managing OER Sprints.”
Using a specific scenario, we will focus on delving deep into the project management process of developing an OER Sprint for teaching and learning purposes including:
- Understanding the Agile Project Management process, and developing all tracking and implementation documentation
- Crowdsourcing the project into bite-sized pieces in order to develop and complete a larger project quickly
- develop content and apply it in the design of the OER, including preparatory development for a future sprint.
- Discover and gain awareness of characteristics of effective collaboration in order to determine the contributions needed by others and themselves to produce an OER
The scenario topic is: adapting “Focus Your Research Topic” video tutorial as an H5P interactive video. The scenario will use an open pedagogical framework, and together we will learn by doing, contribute towards ideas, build competencies in open pedagogy and OER development, and use that to inform the organization of an OER Sprint.
Skills required include: interest in learning by doing, curiosity about OER development, team player, collaborative and more advanced skills include information literacy and instructional design, and a desire to help others learn about this topic.
Sarah Shujah, Liaison Librarian, UTSC
David Kwasny, Digitaal Projects + Technologies Librarian - Digital Scholarship Unit, UTSC
Paulina Rousseau, Head, Liason Librarian Program, UTSC
If interested please come to our meeting on May 10 2022 at 2:30pm on Zoom
Meeting link: https://utoronto.zoom.us/j/87963627860
Meeting ID: 879 6362 7860
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.