Intermediate LaTeX - Writing your own CV class Online
LaTeX is a free document creation alternative to MS Word which specializes in the creation of professional documents such as journal articles, theses, books, and scientific or technical reports. LaTeX is the standard for writing in many STEM fields and offers advantages for managing references, typesetting maths, inserting graphics and figures, and much more.
(ONLINE SESSION) In this workshop, we will cover some advanced LaTeX topics, specifically focusing on building your own documentclass for a CV / resume. By the end of the session, participants will have explored:
- Writing a custom documentclass from scratch
- Defining custom macros to style CV elements consistently
- Setting-up a column for dated elements
- Automatically managing publication lists
Previous knowledge of LaTeX is recommended.
This workshop will take place via Zoom and will be taught by PhD student, Jesse Knight.
- Thursday, February 16, 2023
- 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- St. George (Downtown) Campus
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.