Gerstein + MADLab 3D Printing Safety Training In-Person
This session introduces tools, techniques and best practices of 3D printing, including the basics of 3D printing, an introduction to the MADLab space, and the models of 3D printers available for use. Instructors will demonstrate how to safely use the service and the machines from start to finish, as well as how to find and prepare 3d models and software.
Note: Taking this workshop is the first step to becoming certified to use the Gerstein + MADLab 3D printing service. To complete certification you must also pass a knowledge quiz and sign a safety waiver. Please visit the Gerstein website for more information about accessing the service.
Attendees will learn:
- How the 3D printers work and how to use them safely
- Where to find appropriate 3D design models and upload them to the printer
- Tips and tricks for printing successfully
- Policies for using the space and booking the printer
- Where to find resources and help
Where: MADLab, 1 Below, Gerstein Science Information Centre
When: March 23, 2023, 12-1 p.m.
Instructors: Jiewen Wu, Emma Boyes, email@example.com
Related LibGuide: 3D Printing Resources and Tools by Carey Toane
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Gerstein Library
- St. George (Downtown) Campus
- 3D Printing
Gerstein Science Information Centre
9 King's College Circle